Burgos Associates, Inc. (“Burgos Associates”) will continue to engage in business activities that contribute to society, earn the trust of all customers, and meet the expectations of stakeholders. Personal data are important customer asset that should be strictly protected. They are also utilized by Burgos Associates in its efforts to create new values that benefit customers. Burgos Associates handles customers’ personal data in accordance with the following Basic Policy.
1. Basic Policy
1. Burgos Associates strictly observes the Personal Data Protection Law and other relevant laws and regulations. Burgos Associates has established the Burgos Associates Personal Data Protection Program (the “Program”), which we carefully implement, maintain, and strive to continuously improve.
2. Burgos Associates has established management systems relating to personal data protection and ensures that all corporate officers and employees recognize the importance of the Program.
3. Burgos Associates utilizes personal data within the scope of the intended use clearly informed to customers. Burgos Associates does not disclose or provide personal data provided by customers to third parties except with the consent of the customer or when there is a legitimate reason.
4. Burgos Associates maintains personal data accurate and updated and strives to prevent unauthorized access to personal data or the loss, destruction, alternation, or unauthorized disclosure of personal data.
2. Provision of Personal Data
1. Burgos Associates does not disclose customers’ personal data to third parties except in the following cases.
1) When the customer has given a prior consent to the disclosure
2) When complying with laws and regulations
3) When disclosure is necessary for the protection of human life, human health or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
4) When Burgos Associates consigns the handling of personal data to a third party within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use
5) When another entity succeeds to the business of Burgos Associates due to a merger, corporate separation, transfer of business or otherwise
3. Other Matters
1. Please note that some services provided by Burgos Associates (including services offered on websites operated by Burgos Associates ) may not be available if the customer does not provide personal data.
2. Children under 16 years should provide personal data only after obtaining the consent of a parent or guardian.
3. Burgos Associates disclaim any responsibility for the security of customers’ personal data used on third parties’ websites that are linked to Burgos Associates websites.
4. Burgos Associates provides information on important changes and notices on this page. Please refer here for information.
5. From time to time Burgos Associates may revise the Personal Data Protection Policy to better protect customers’ personal data or to comply with changes in the applicable laws and regulations .
Established: June 27, 2006
William J. Burgos
President and Chief Executive Officer
Burgos Associates, Inc.